Still more problems,

I just created a new space (called "space to delete" - i'm trying to figure
out how to delete a space, is it enough to just delete all of the content?
do i need to delete something else to clear the Rights settings for the
space out of the database?)

Then, first problem, I noticed on the "Recent Changes" section of the front
page that the space was created 6 hours ago.  Is this a UTC/GMT thing?  But
that doesn't make any sense either, because local time is 2pm, UTC is
earlier at 6am.

So I went across to check Timeline, and it gave me the "v1 is null" error
again.

I watched in Firebug and identified that point of failure, see attached
screenshots.

In short, it checks typeof v1 == "object"  before it calls n1=v1.getTime()
HOWEVER, when v1 is null, v1 is also an object!  So this test is invalid.

Yes, this is a fault with the timeline javascript, however why is there null
date/times being passed to the javascript in the first place?

thanks
Paul