On 9 December 2010 14:46, Paul Harris <harris...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Still more problems,
>
> I just created a new space (called "space to delete" - i'm trying to figure
> out how to delete a space, is it enough to just delete all of the content?
> do i need to delete something else to clear the Rights settings for the
> space out of the database?)
>
> Then, first problem, I noticed on the "Recent Changes" section of the front
> page that the space was created 6 hours ago.  Is this a UTC/GMT thing?  But
> that doesn't make any sense either, because local time is 2pm, UTC is
> earlier at 6am.
>
> So I went across to check Timeline, and it gave me the "v1 is null" error
> again.
>
> I watched in Firebug and identified that point of failure, see attached
> screenshots.
>
> In short, it checks typeof v1 == "object"  before it calls n1=v1.getTime()
> HOWEVER, when v1 is null, v1 is also an object!  So this test is invalid.
>
> Yes, this is a fault with the timeline javascript, however why is there
> null date/times being passed to the javascript in the first place?
>
> thanks
> Paul

I discovered the source of this problem...

Timeline requests this document:
http://domain.com/xwiki/Website+Admin/Timeline?action=xml&xpage=plain&outputSyntax=plain&changesNb=200

And this is the top of the response (from Firebug):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<data>
<event start="9 Dec 2010 05:49:44 GMT" end="9 Dec 2010 05:49:44 GMT"
isDuration="false" title="Setting up the "feature" Import in whatever">

 When converted to XML, there is a parser error:
XML Parsing Error: not well-formed Location:
moz-nullprincipal:{fa165dd4-2c64-4d46-bc4f-d1764daf2b60} Line Number 3,
Column 112:

...4 GMT" isDuration="false" title="Setting up the "feature" Import...

...-------------------------------------------------^

So, this is not handling the case where the title of the page has a " in it.

There was another email today about a page with a / in the name, eg
"up/down"
it sounds like XWiki is not escaping the names of the pages in all the
places it should be.

I managed to fix it this time, i added an escape-xml call in this line:
   <event start="$rcDoc.date.toGMTString()" end="$rcDoc.date.toGMTString()"
isDuration="false" title="$escapetool.xml($rcDoc.getDisplayTitle())">

I'm fiddling with the size of fonts etc now, once thats done I'll adjust the
wiki page about it

cheers
Paul