Hi everyone,

I'd like to make the proposal to drop the existing mailing lists in
favor of a forum (bulletin board) software.

The objective is to promote the XWiki community discussions to a broader
audience.

1) A forum serves like an advertising window as anyone can read the
contributions without subscription.
2) Anyone can judge the activity by reading the view count.
3) New users can get in touch with the community without being urged to
subscribe to a mailing list.
4) Many people consider mailing lists as spam and prefer not to subscribe
5) Contributions have a longer visibility and older entries will get
6) Communication gets more efficient as the same topics won't get
repeatedly discussed
7) To my experience forums get much better indexed by google as mail
collectors like Nabble , Markmail, e.t.c.
8) Forums encourage user to user discussions and you will see new users
taking an active role
9) There should be at least one additional category IMHO: administrators
10) A forum is more pleasure to read once a topic split into many threads
11) A forum is beneficial when expecting increasing support requirements
- some real large scale forums were run by just a few moderators
12) More people will see what a teriffic job the XWiki team does.

Here's my +1

Andreas