I am trying to get XEM installed on my shared hosting provider, and am
running into some trouble with the MySQL user permissions part.

The tutorial says:

****
In order for XEM to be able to create new wikis on demand, you will need to
give all rights to your database user. For example for MySQL, execute:
mysql -u root -e "grant all privileges on *.* to xwiki@127.0.0.1 identified
by 'xwiki'"
****

This command does not work when run on my SSH client. I contacted my hosting
provider to ask whether it was possible to assign admin privileges, and they
said:

"It is not possible to change privileges for a database user. The database
uses have the most commonly needed privileges set by default. Instead of
creating a user as explained in those instructions, you should just be able
to use provide the user of the database you created through your Hosting
Control Center."

Am I right that this response means that XEM will not install correctly,
despite their assurances that I have "commonly needed privileges"?

Has anyone had success setting up XEM on a GoDaddy hosting account?  If not,
it might be time to switch...

Thank you,

Aaron Hardy