On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 10:05 PM, Ashtar Communications
<ashtarcommunicati...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to get XEM installed on my shared hosting provider, and am
> running into some trouble with the MySQL user permissions part.
>
> The tutorial says:
>
> ****
> In order for XEM to be able to create new wikis on demand, you will need to
> give all rights to your database user. For example for MySQL, execute:
> mysql -u root -e "grant all privileges on *.* to xwiki@127.0.0.1 identified
> by 'xwiki'"
> ****
>
> This command does not work when run on my SSH client. I contacted my hosting
> provider to ask whether it was possible to assign admin privileges, and they
> said:
>
> "It is not possible to change privileges for a database user. The database
> uses have the most commonly needed privileges set by default. Instead of
> creating a user as explained in those instructions, you should just be able
> to use provide the user of the database you created through your Hosting
> Control Center."
>
> Am I right that this response means that XEM will not install correctly,
> despite their assurances that I have "commonly needed privileges"?

As said in the tutorial, XEM need this right to create new wikis and
only for that. If you can't give it global right then it just mean you
will have to create the database yourself for each wiki before
creating the wiki from the XEM UI, that's all.

> Has anyone had success setting up XEM on a GoDaddy hosting account?  If not,
> it might be time to switch...
>
> Thank you,
>
> Aaron Hardy

Thomas Mortagne