On Dec 2, 2011, at 9:16 AM, jerem wrote:

> Thanks ! :)
> For Java I understand, even if I'm not eager to "verbosify" the cool groovy
> classes I use into painful java ... :) (I must say here how much I love
> groovy)
> Performances are quite good so far, really. At least for now it scales well
> with 2300 topics and 5500 mails.

I'm not worried by performance but by maintenance/productivity.

If it's tons of groovy code in wiki pages (it has nothing to do with groovy but
the fact that it's in wiki pages) then it's unmaintainable (as can be testified
by the activity stream macro for example which is completely unmaintainable by
anyone except its creator (and even that isn't true if you check the # of
unresolved issues we have with it ;)), the blog app not being better btw) which
will mean 2 things most probably:

1) It'll never make it to the platform as a standard component. That may not be
your goal though ;)
2) You'll be the only one to maintain it
3) Other code/extension written in java cannot reuse your code easily
(component model)

Some questions for you:
* How do you autocomplete in wiki pages
* How do you have quick access to all your code scattered in several pages all
visible from within your IDE
* How do you write unit tests
* How do you document and generate javadoc
* How do you handle registration/unregistration of components
…

All these are not easy at all when writing in wiki pages which is why code in
wiki pages should be restricted to presentation code only and not business
logic.

Anyway it's your code so you do whatever you want. I'm just stressing this
since it's going to be very hard to move away from it if you start coding too
much in wiki pages.