Hi,

i played a litle bit with the new release 3.4 and debian on virtual
machines.

First i tried out the standalone installation on the testing
distribution wheezy. The installation works well. But the page
'Administration: Rights' does not show the users and the groups. Did not
investigate the situation further.

Instead tried to install form the debian package
xwiki-enterprise-tomcat-pgsql. Here got the error 'depends on libpg-java
(>= 8.4) [UNAVAILABLE]'.

Should XWiki run on wheezy at all?

So I changed to the stable distribution squeeze. The installation of the
deb package xwiki-enterprise-tomcat-pgsql works well here (did not try
the standalone installation anymore). The Wiki is also runing well, with
one exception: The browser shows a message box with the text 'Server
returned TRANSPORT_ERROR with no error message' somtimes. But all seems
to be ok.

So far my feedback.

The issues with the testing distribution are no problem for me. Feel
confortable enough with the stable distribution but would like to get
rid of the above-mentioned errer messages. Any ideas how to solve this.

Thanks
Ritchi