Hi! Some more comments below!

From: users-boun...@xwiki.org [users-boun...@xwiki.org] On Behalf Of Theresa
Noisser [theresa.nois...@web.de]
Sent: 05 March 2012 19:34
To: XWiki Users
Subject: Re: [xwiki-users] User Class: translated "pretty name", email adress

Am 04.03.2012 22:49, schrieb ricardo.julio.rodriguez.fernan...@sergas.es:
> Hi, Theresa!
>
> Please, see below....

My fault! My explanation was really poor and answering to which your where not
asking... in the better case!

To the best of my knowledge, the pretty name of a given property is just this:
a pretty name! But it is not how that property is shown in a template. Please,
go to the same profile page you have gone later for controlling how email is
shown: XWiki.XWikiUserProfileSheet. You see there a number of $msg.get
instances calling each of them a value in the concerned
ApplicationResources.properties file. In your case, for German, it is
ApplicationResources_de.properties. Please, check this...

http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/InternationalizingApplications#HUsingthestaticResourceBundles

Just for easy reference, use jar tf jar-file to list the content of jar files.

Another option is to edit XWiki.XWikiUserProfileSheet directly and change the
code showing labels. In this case, be careful when you update your wiki. It is
by no means easy, at least for me, to keep track of all changes done in
original pages to take profit of updates and keep customized functionality.

>>> A similar problem is the change of the Main.WebHome page, i can change
>>> the title, but it still has the english original title.
> I don't understand this. Is your wiki accessible from Internet? Could we
> access this homepage to see what is happening? Thanks!

Sorry, I've not a fresh installation here, so I've not a clear idea about how
default pages are configured in the version you are using over there. As far as
I remember, the home page is including a number of other pages. What you must
change is the title of the "container" page... Please, what release are you
using? I'll try to install it and get your doubt about the translation to
German of the main page solved.

>>> And back to the profile page, how can i change the appearance of the
>>> email adress? Everything after the @ ist displayed as "---", but i would
>>> like to display them as name (at) part.company (.de), because in our
>>> company there are 2 different parts which have different subdomains.
> Please, check/edit XWiki.XWikiUserProfileSheet to get what you want. I'm
> still using running XWiki Enterprise 2.4.30451 here and probably a lot of
> improvements have been done in later releases, but I do think it is still
> this page which controls the information shown for each user. Look for
> $doc.display('email') to find the concerned section.

Well, at least here I was useful! Nice to read this!

Greetings!

> HTH!
>
> Ricardo
>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> theresa.

Nota: A información contida nesta mensaxe e os seus posibles documentos
adxuntos é privada e confidencial e está dirixida únicamente ó seu
destinatario/a. Se vostede non é o/a destinatario/a orixinal desta mensaxe, por
favor elimínea. A distribución ou copia desta mensaxe non está autorizada.

Nota: La información contenida en este mensaje y sus posibles documentos
adjuntos es privada y confidencial y está dirigida únicamente a su
destinatario/a. Si usted no es el/la destinatario/a original de este mensaje,
por favor elimínelo. La distribución o copia de este mensaje no está autorizada.

See more languages: http://www.sergas.es/aviso_confidencialidad.htm