Thomas,

have you really restarted?
To debug that you need at least the web-inspector/firebug's network tab.
My best tool there is OmniWeb's Error-console where you can see a Set-Cookie
header that would be erroneous.

hope it helps.

paul

PS: I've never used ProxyPreserveHost (I think it was not there at the time)
but everything still worked fine.