On 01/25/2013 09:53 AM, Gerritjan Koekkoek wrote:
> The XWiki instance where the community can translate the keys for XWiki
> enterprise is very difficult to use.
> Would it be possible to select the keys based on extensions/modules
> Example:
> 1) If I would like to check which keys of the BLOG application are translated
> in dutch? And which are still not translated?
> 2) Look at keys for the top-menu bar in XWiki
>
> To look at a alphabetical list of more then 5000 key's is a bit
> overestimating the stamina of potential translators
>
> Gerritjan Koekkoek

This isn't quite supported yet, because of the fact that so far most of
the translations have been defined in only one file,
ApplicationResources.properties. But the new localization mechanism
allows for each module to define its own translations, in its own file,
so gradually keys will be moved out of the big file into separate
smaller modules.

However, you can still kind of search for applications from a domain,
using the advanced search [1] and specifying as the "key" the prefix
used by an application. For example, this [2] looks up keys from the
blog application. For the menu, multiple keys are used: core.menu.,
workspacemanager.menu.*, core.shortcuts.* for defining the shortcuts
that trigger certain actions, and the old simplistic keys "login",
"logout", "superadmin", and "core.register". The only way to find out
what kind of keys are used in a place is to look in the source of that
place, which can be a document in the wiki, or a template on the
filesystem (usually in templates/).

[1] http://l10n.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/L10N/Search
[2]
http://l10n.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/L10N/Search?application=&name=&lang=&key=core.menu.&origtext=&transtext=