Kevin,
can you provide some links to specific how-tos, which some web-savvy
SAML-beginner could follow?
I started with this option, but then struck with too many velocity code
for checking how to differ all these Xwiki.Guests each to other...
Now I'm checking
https://github.com/xwiki-contrib/sandbox/tree/master/authenticators/xwiki-authentication-saml
Which I managed to work. Xwkik-authentication-saml will require more
work with SAML implementation itself, though I can rely on Xwiki
built-in security then.

Valdis