Hi Patrick,

On 2 Dec 2013 at 17:16:38, Patrick Masson (mas...@opensource.org) wrote:

I have a hosted (xwiki.com) Enterprise XWiki and would like to enable
the Annotations feature
(http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Annotations+Application).
They do not appear now.

After reviewing the above page, I am able to activate the Annotations
tab, however the I cannot find out how to turn on / make available the
That’s weird, there shouldn’t be a Annotations tab ;) We merged the Comments
and Annotations tabs a while back, as you can see for example at
http://playground.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Sandbox/WebHome (if you’re fast
enough to check since playground gets reset every night ;)).

I don’t know why you’re getting the tab ATM.

annotations tool itself to create the annotations. That is, I do not
have the Annotations tool button in the "Edit" "Export" "More Actions"
header on the top of the page (see attached image).
Annotations are not available to the Admin role, as a registered user or
anonymous user.
I have tried the Ctrl + M (Meta + M) as well, thinking this still might
work even without the button, but nothing happens.
Ctrl+M should work fine always (try it on playground).

The Annotations plugin is installed (as I said I, can see the
"Annotations" tab on each page across the wiki at the top and bottom
next to "Comments" Attachments" etc.).
What plugin? did you install something?

I am running the XWiki.DefaultSkin running the "Mint" color theme.
I have tried viewing on Ubuntu Firefox and Chrome; Mac Safari 6 and
Windows IE10.
Within the Annotations Application on the Administration page I have the
settings at:

* Annotations are activated: YES
* Except for the following spaces: NONE selected
* Display annotations by default: YES
* Display annotations highlight by default: YES
* XWiki class defining annotations structure: XWiki.XWikiComments
(this was already set--default?-- when I first visited the page).
I do see a note on the Annotations page, "/If you are using a custom
annotations class other than the previously default/
AnnotationsCode.AnnotationsClass /in the annotations configuration.../"

I have cleared my browser cache after selecting and saving the above.
Hmm that’s strange because I had the same issue on playground.xwiki.org and
clearing my cache made it work. I’ve created
http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-9759

Make sure you force clear your cache maybe.

I have searched the FAQ:
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/FAQCode/FAQSearch?space=FAQ&text=Annotations

I have searched the lists and found:

* http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/Annotations-not-working-td7345638.html
*
http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/Annotations-comments-merge-validation-td7582245.html

This thread indicates XWiki.XWikiComments is correct, "/Basically
the new format is XWiki.XWikiComments class instead of the old /
AnnotationCode.AnnotationClass"
*
http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/Re-display-issues-in-IE-td7587297.html#a7587298

Any advise appreciated, thanks,