Hi

We are trying to develop questionnaires within xwiki.
In order to get clear answers from people we prefer static lists above text
fields which would be more difficult to analyze.

As a approach we start with appWithinMinutes and add attributes of type
static list

Use case 1:
When we want the user to select one of a limited set of options we typical
use radio button as input control.

In edit mode this works fine.
But in collaborative mode this does not work very well for us.
What we mean by collaborative mode?
We have patients discussing the questionnaire with the expert.
Over the internet they both look at the page which holds the questionnaire
already completed by the patient...
But since default XWiki is showing only the value selected discussions
about why the patient chose the one option above the other are too
difficult.
We would like the radiobuttons view in edit mode, but disabled for
modification; especially since in view mode changing the elected option...

Would it be possible to modify the class and add something in the "Custom
Display"?
Is there a useful document on how the custom display option for classes
works?

Use case 2:
Some questions are of the type "How much would you agree"
Then the user can select between totally disagree, somewhat disagree,
neutral, somewhat agree totally agree.
We have now selected a static list with 5 options labeled as above...
But on the internet we often see sliders that can be put in 5 positions
(from left to right or from top to bottom)

Would it be possible to use such sliders via Custom Display. As a base
attribute we would then probably switch from static list to a numeric field
holding the value of the slider.
Same as in use case 1; can we also show the slider disabled in
'collaborative mode'

Many thanks for suggestions or links to documents that describe the 'custom
display'

Gerritjan