> There is no such restriction or best practice. It all depends on what that
> page is used for and what are the objects inside that page used for as well.
>
> Some objects can be used to mark certain pages. Others can store extra
> data: structured content in general (defined in user created xclasses) or
> even page comments, tags, etc. Other objects can set the document's rights.
> Other objects can specify which is the sheet to apply when viewing or
> editing the current document.
>
> The document's content (what you call "A string of wikitext") can have
> static content or dynamic content (scripts/code) which can execute either
> independently of the objects in the page or by reading some data from those
> objects, processing it and/or displaying/presenting it as the (dynamic)
> content of the document you are viewing.
>
> There are enough cases when a document has both content and objects, as the
> ability to have structured content in your document is a very big plus in
> XWiki, compared to some other wiki platforms.
>
> XWiki is a flexible platform and it all comes down to the usecase you are
> using it for, i.e. what you want to achieve.

If I understand you correctly, manual monitoring and moderation is the
only way to prevent a user from, for example, adding a bunch of
objects to a page that is supposed to be wikitext-only. I don't think
I would have designed XWiki with such loose restrictions, but if this
was the design philosophy from the beginning then it makes more sense.

Thanks for the explanation!

-Alex