Hi,

I'm struggling with migrating a 6.3 .war instance to a Debian
APT/package 7.3 instance.

I had hoped I would be able to install as per
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/InstallationViaAPT
choosing the xwiki-enterprise-tomcat7-mysql package, then edit
hibernate.cfg.xml to point at the existing (external) MySQL instance
hosting the database, then edit server.xml, xwiki.cfg and
xwiki.properties to match the previous.

The new instance connects, and after editing xwiki.cfg, I can login as
superadmin, the previously setup LDAP auth not working), I was
expecting to see the xwiki updater run, but it did not, and the top
bar of xwiki is empty, it only has the logo on the far left and the
three little lines on teh far right under which the only option is
logout.

Do I need to to do a .war update to get it up to 7.3 before migrating
to a Debian APT/package instance ? or is there something that I have
missed ?

Cheers