Hi,

On 4 Mar 2016 at 21:55:55, pgregoire
(pgrego...@eddyfi.com(mailto:pgrego...@eddyfi.com)) wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm pretty sure this can't be done currently, but I still wanted to double
> check.
> It seems that Chrome and Firefox prevent linking to local files - so the
> IFrame macro, when pointing to file://someserver/somefile.html, doesn't
> display anything.
> For some reason IE allows it, so I do see the content of my frame when
> displaying the page with IE.
>
> I was thinking maybe the xwiki.getURLContent would fetch the content of my
> local html file and generate the content server side so that my web browser
> wouldn't know the difference, but it doesn't seem to work with my file://
> link.
>
> Does somebody have an idea of how I could go about including a local html
> file in xwiki pages?

You need to configure your browser to remove the security feature of not
opening local file:// links. Whether the link is opened in a wiki link or in an
HTML IFRAME SRC attribute, it’s the same issue.

There are plenty of resource on google to do this. Here’s just one for Chrome:
http://voxelent.com/local-chrome/