On 7 Mar 2016 at 16:24:11, pgregoire (pgrego...@eddyfi.com) wrote:

Well,
file:// aside, I'm wondering whether there is an xwiki macro that will
actually get the URL content of a certain URL, and render it within a page.
Yes that works fine.

I thought that this was what getURLContent did, but if such is the case,
then it's my understanding that the macro runs on the server to render a
page which it makes available to the client side.
Correct.

Then, it is the server that accesses the said URL content, hence the browser
security settings would be irrelevant since the client browser is reading a
wiki page like any other, no matter where the URL content originated from.
Sure. But if the server can access a remote page then so can your local browser
;) (unless you have proxy security settings that prevent you from doing so).