To: "U.S. Metric Association" <usma@colostate.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, 10 March 2009 21:02
Subject: [USMA:43659] Re: Metric personal data was Re: 24 hour time

Interesting. Has anyone ever insisted on giving metric height on either a US Passport application or a state driver's license? If so, how did it go?

Congress seems unduly concerned with not forcing any citizen to go metric. However, for those of us who have voluntarily gone metric, I'm not sure they are equally concerned about accepting metric data from us or providing metric data to us.

However, if metric is the preferred system of measurment in the United States (ha-ha!) it would seem quite unnatural to force those of us who are metric to use the non-preferred measurement system, wouldn't it.

(I must confess that in the past I have simply wanted the process to go smoothly and not add delay to the slow, grinding pace of bureaucracy.)