From: John M. Steele <jmsteele9...@sbcglobal.net>
To: U.S. Metric Association <usma@colostate.edu>
Sent: Friday, March 13, 2009 8:58:39 PM
Subject: [USMA:43753] Re: Tyre (tire) sizes

You might want to check out this Toyo Tire Talk article, as a Japanese company
explains wheels.
http://www.toyojapan.com/tires/pdf/TTT_12.pdf

Rim diameter and width ar specified in inches.  The details of different flange
designs are detailed in metric, and the offset and bolt circle are specified in
metric.

It wouldn't surprise me if the manufacturing drawings are actually metric, and
the nominal sizes are multiplied by 25.4 mm/in in producing the drawings.  It
is VERY unlikely a company would use mixed units on manufacturing drawings.
Sure trouble.

--- On Fri, 3/13/09, Jeremiah MacGregor <jeremiahmacgre...@rocketmail.com>