From: Brian J White <br...@bjwhite.net>
To: U.S. Metric Association <usma@colostate.edu>
Sent: Saturday, March 14, 2009 2:39:46 PM
Subject: [USMA:43842] Re: Tyre (tire) sizes

3..I once had a Canadian spec VW Rabbit - 1979 and made in Germany.  The front
disc brake rotor had stamped on it its diameter in inches.  Now it could be
because this part could have been made in the UK or even the US, but unlikely.

I wouldn't think that was unlikely.  It was probably made by Girling in the
UK.   Girlings have been common for decades on Volkswagens and Audis.   My
Peugeot 405 Mi16 also had Girlings on it.