  From: Carleton MacDonald
  To: U.S. Metric Association
  Sent: Saturday, May 30, 2009 3:15 AM
  Subject: [USMA:45134] Re: NASA Going English

  I know this will inflame the libertarians here but the ONLY thing that is
going to fix this, fix Arizona, fix the highway departments reverting, etc. is
for nationwide legislation, passed by this Congress and signed by this
President, to immediately begin a coordinated, concerted and mandatory effort
to finish the metrication job in all aspects of American government, commerce,
and society, and in a span of time no more than two years.  Do not listen to
the “freedom of choice” whiners, to those who want this to be “voluntary”, etc.
 That’s what has put us in the terrible situation we are now in, with
reversions all over the place.  I really do think they’d get a lot less
resistance than they think they would, if only they would get the cojones to
just get the job done and stop worrying about or listening to the complainers.

  Carleton