Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 18:36:05 -0700
From: jmsteele9...@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [USMA:47033] RE: Saving the mile and the pint for Britain
To: usma@colostate.edu

Just to quibble:
*The mile, yard, foot, and inch are used in road signage only.  Other length
subdivisions, not used in road signage, have no legal standing, do they?  For
example furlongs, chains, poles or rods, fathoms, links, hands, cables,
leagues, etc.  Has not the UK conceded that the acre is no longer used in land
registration.

*The pint can only be used to dispense draft beer, cider, or milk in returnable
bottles, right,  All other uses are supplemental only, metric is required.

*The gallon, quart, gill, etc are not legal units, only supplemental? (also the
bushel)

*The pound and ounce are not legal units, only supplemental?  (Is the troy
ounce still a legal measure?)