It seems Mr. Humphreys spends a lot of time posting his illusions with the
hopes
everyone will believe him.  I wonder how many really do.  I would guess the
only
ones are other anti-metric types that post to this forum pretending to be
pro-metric with the goal of keeping metrication efforts to a minimum.  It is
really reassuring that someone else from his country has a more realistic view
of events and is not afraid to make them known.

Mr. Humphreys seems to think that by throwing a tantrum, resorting to name
calling, sending private messages that go tick-tock-tick-tock-tick-tock are
signs that he is a normal intelligent person able to intelligently debate the
issue.  He isn't. Trying to get rid of me because I dare to speak the truth
seems awfully dumb, immature and very childish.

I'm amazed that the people who organize this forum allow him to post or don't
police his posts better.  Maybe they don't care.  I was under the impression
that this is a forum to promote the use of metric, not to frighten pro-metric
or
undecided persons away with endless chatter on imaginary uses of old units in
his surroundings.

Intelligent debate requires providing proof of what is said and stated, Mr.
Humphreys has yet to do so and it seems his goal is to try to stifle those that
do.