  From: John M. Steele
  To: U.S. Metric Association
  Cc: USMA Metric Association
  Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2010 11:28 PM
  Subject: [USMA:49343] Re: metric gallon

  The article is Canadian, so I would suspect an Imperial gallon (4.54609 L)not
a US gallon.  But I also have to ask, "didn't they go metric?"
  WHY are they measuring water in gallons?

  It's a pretty good water rate in any case, less than I pay.  Given Canadian
dollars and Imperial gallons, it would be quite a bit less.