From: "Martin Vlietstra" <vliets...@btinternet.com>
To: "USMA" <usma@colostate.edu>
Cc: "david sefcik" <david.sef...@nist.gov>, "Kenneth Butcher"
<kenneth.butc...@nist.gov>
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2014 2:06:46 AM
Subject: [USMA:53585] RE: Unit Pricing of Consumer Products in Retail
Marketplaces

Jim, Eugene

In the United Kingdom unit pricing is usually "per kilogram" or "per litre",
though goods that have traditionally been sold in smaller quantities are
priced "per 100 g" or "per 100 ml". The latter has been creeping into
British stores. Like Jim, I find it frustrating having to convert between
prices per 100 grams and prices per kilogram, but unlike Jim, I need only
multiply by 10, not by 16.

Martin Vlietstra
United Kingdom