Thanks Robin,
A couple additional questions/comments:
1) I used Mender to update the FS and it seemed to work so I issued the
commit command.  Now, I'm having trouble with "uhd_find_devices" not
finding anything and so I'm wondering how I go about swapping back to the
previous partition?
2) I have found that the provided USB cable (for serial connection) has a
molded collar that interferes with the N310 case and prevents proper
seating.  If the N310 case was not on, it would likely be fine.  I modifed
the USB cable by cutting back the molded collar and now it seems to behave
fine.

Rob