Hi Brian,
It really depends on what you want to achieve. If you just want to perform
validation then you can use simulation which is already set up and
straightforward if you follow the examples. Also it would allow you to verify
even hls code and make sure it does what you expect in a cycle accurate way. If
you follow your idea you will get only a model which may not be so accurate
because there is a lot going on in the hw that is difficult to model such as
the interaction between internal fifos. Also even assuming your model of the
sdr is accurate you'll still have to ensure that model of your IP is also
accurate...

In my experience we just needed to prove algorithms with SW oot blocks that
were simulating the behaviour by using integer math and then we rewrote the
core in RTL and simulated it... This workflow proved to be the most reliable
and straightforward... I may be wrong or misunderstanding your end goal but
these are my 50 cents...

Dario Pennisi

On Sun, Jul 22, 2018 at 5:13 PM +0200, "Brian Padalino"