Hi,

I am working with 2 USRP X310 equipped with TwinRx. They are connected to a
PC with Ubuntu 22.04 and UHD 4.1 via dual 10Gb port.

I am using the rx_sample_to_file.cpp example from UHD 4.5 version for 8
channel acquisition in continuous mode. I do  acquisitions of  5' of data
continuously with a sample rate of 25MHz.  At the beginning it works
correctly, but after a while (between 40'-50') it starts to fail. First it
gives overflows and then it gives the following error:

*[*

*ERROR] [X300] 192.168.40.2 <http://192.168.40.2>: x300 fw communication
failure #2EnvironmentError: IOError: x300 fw poke32 - reply timed
out[ERROR] [X300] 192.168.60.2 <http://192.168.60.2>: x300 fw communication
failure #2EnvironmentError: IOError: x300 fw poke32 - reply timed
out[ERROR] [X300] 192.168.40.2 <http://192.168.40.2>: x300 fw communication
failure #3EnvironmentError: IOError: x300 fw poke32 - reply timed
out[ERROR] [X300] 192.168.60.2 <http://192.168.60.2>: x300 fw communication
failure #3EnvironmentError: IOError: x300 fw poke32 - reply timed
out[ERROR] [UHD] An unexpected exception was caught in a task loop.The task
loop will now exit, things may not work.EnvironmentError: IOError:
192.168.40.2 <http://192.168.40.2>: x300 fw communication failure
#3EnvironmentError: IOError: x300 fw poke32 - reply timed out[ERROR] [UHD]
An unexpected exception was caught in a task loop.The task loop will now
exit, things may not work.EnvironmentError: IOError: 192.168.60.2
<http://192.168.60.2>: x300 fw communication failure #3EnvironmentError:
IOError: x300 fw poke32 - reply timed out*

Once this happens it is impossible to recover the system, it starts to give
the same error after 30''-40''. I have tried to let the USRP and the PC
rest for a while, even re-flashing the FPGA, but the error persists. If I
let the system rest for days the error disappears, but I observe the same
behavior again after those first 40'-50' minutes.

I don't know why this happens, nor how to solve it. Any indication?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Anabel