Hi,
I have a requirement to build a kernel with both utrace and perfmon2 patches. I'm using kernel version 2.6.24. Since neither of these features are accepted upstream yet (well, Jim Keniston tells me that some initial pieces of utrace have been accepted), the patches don't play nicely with one another. The patches apply OK, but I get a compile failure in perfmon/perfmon_syscalls.c because it's trying to use the function ptrace_check_attach (removed by the utrace patch). A separate note is being sent to the perfmon2 maintainer to see if he might help, but I thought I'd post here as well, in case someone has gone into this territory already.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

-Maynard Johnson