I have my own Debian mirror on campus. I do hate to see someone give up
Debian though. I'm not a big fan of Ubuntu, compiling a vanilla kernel
was a pain. Granted I only tried it on the one machine, it left a bitter
taste in my mouth. Gnome based is also a negative for me, although KDE
installed without a problem, but I did not use it extensively.

Robert LeBlanc