Stuart Jansen wrote:
I know we joke about this being a dictatorship, but that was an
inappropriate decision.

I thought I'd throw in a contrarian point of view here. I run a rather large message board, and we sometimes delete posts and/or ban people. We usually just do temporary bans on posting, of varying lengths (depending on the violation). Occasionally the decisions of me or the other moderators on the board are questioned publicly. Almost always, the people doing the questioning do not have all of the information. For privacy reasons, we don't want to release that information. So we end up just looking like jerks to some people.

Anyway, I don't know if there were any other reasons for the kick-ban, such as repeated warnings in the past, etc. I'm just saying that we shouldn't be quite so quick to judge the officers' decision when we don't have all the facts (and may never have them).

Flame away. :)

Steve