jb wrote:
Second, I think a lot of the problem here was because action was taken against a community member without community support for the action.

How do you know? Just because a few of the more vocal people in the community opposed the action doesn't mean the community as a whole was against it. I know I'm not an "official" member of the UUG (having graduated a few years ago), but I'm happy to put my name on the record as one who supports a no-profanity policy. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I run a message board that has a similar policy. I've found that some people will disregard the rules if you don't give them teeth.

I have nothing against Michael Halcrow, I think he's a great guy and a great poster. I didn't appreciate his profanity, however.

Steve