Scott Robertson wrote:

> http:/phantom2.cs.byu.edu/~uug/charter.php
> http:/phantom2.cs.byu.edu/~uug/about.php
>
> The charter (not surprisingly) leaves the website alone. Heck, one of
> the most powerful checks in place on the president is having to deal
> with flamewars directed at them. :)
>
> The charter is a bit outdated, and needs to be updated to better
> reflect how the club has run for the past 4-5 years. It is a pain to
> update the charter.
>
> I think the next president should work on this with his officers, then
> get input from past presidents, then the list in general.
>
> Scott

Thanks, Scott.  That actually helped quite a bit.

I have to disagree with you about the charter leaving the website alone,
though.  It seems to me that pretty much all of section 3.4, about
conducting business for the club *might* apply.  I'm personally a little
on-the-fence about whether or not the ad issue is "business for the
whole club", but there's no question that it ought to be clarified.
Certainly the leadership shouldn't have to take a vote for every little
decision, but the charter isn't clear what types of decisions should and
shouldn't require a vote.

Oh, and in light of the elections, section 3.3.2 is pretty interesting.
Oh, and 3.3.6 too.  Section 2.1 probably needs adjusting to include
alumni.  When changes are made, though, we need to make sure we follow
section 3.4's guidelines.

--

Lloyd Brown
Systems Administrator