> I know this wasn't your question, but make sure that the web app is only
> accessible from localhost.  If you make it publicly accessible, you're
> putting a lot of people's personal information at risk.  And unless
> things have changed, the Church has pretty restrictive policies about
> what individual wards are supposed to put online.

The way that I'm creating this is just to be a layer atop the ward website
for manipulating the directory so the copy of the directory that it
downloads will just be a temporary cache and it will only be accessible to
those who have logged in, which authentication comes from lds.org.

I do wish to make the final product quite HIJAXian because I want to make
some modifications and create another product from it.

AJ ONeal