On Fri, 2009-08-07 at 14:07 -0600, Michael Torrie wrote:
> Actually I should add that it can't be a man-in-the-middle attack
> because it is not transparent (ie he has to manually browse to the proxy
> page).  And no one is attacking anyone.

It is transparent. Most people won't understand the implications of
using their lds.org login to access his app.

"The Surgeon General warns that I can see your password. I might be
storing it, I might be using it myself late at night for grins and
giggles, I might be making it easy for other to get a copy or your
password from me. You'll never know because now that I know your
password, I own you!"

It is also violating the Churches apparent intention for the data to
remain private. A proxy would shuttle raw encrypted bytes. A MITM can
see the data, a proxy can't.

using enough of it." - Chris Maden