dave wrote:
> I was beginning to think I was the only person that despised
> FaceBook.  All my relative love it, and I can't for the life of me
> figure out why...

Tis a great time waster.  Maybe that helps.  Lots of bored housewives
appear to be into it.  Maybe some give into the voyeuristic temptation
to see what long-lost acquaintances from high school are doing and how
much better off one is compared to them (even though they were more
popular in high school--take that!).  Plus you don't have to call people
anymore, write them letters, or have to speak to someone in person.  You
can just write on their wall!

Personally I think it's getting ridiculous.  Some of the bigger regional
LDS singles groups (nothing to do with online dating!) do a lot of their
calendar stuff on facebook now, which is annoying.  Then there is the
scourge of web-based forums which may be part of why people are going to
facebook--so they can deal with only one horrid interface instead of many.

Anyway, we still have a web site and a mailing list.  I think they can
continue to be primary resources for the uug.  Also, to a lesser extent,
IRC.