Okay, I'll check out some of the Computer Engineering courses; they are
sounding more and more like what I am interested in. I think I'd like to be
introduced to some of the professors. CS 142 is almost like a refresher
course from what I've seen is rather basic. I've done my fair share of C
programming, so the C++ syntax will not be difficult, it may just be
learning the C++ standard libraries, and I've explored Object Oriented
Programming in Python when I was dealing with some crypto stuff earlier
this year.

As for the Math... I really enjoyed my Calculus class this last year. I
like the whole process of solving problems in both Math and Programming. It
won't be a problem, I think, to ignore the whining and grumbling from my
peers.

-Oliver Reed