Kevin
Your in Iran ?  WOW !! What the hell are you doing there ?Military ? That is a
along way from home ? Where do you call Home ? As far as the tips go . Tell me more
about your experience's racing your max. I could help you better if you tell me
more about your experience.  I did give the basic's in this email to Dale. They
apply to drag racing and not necessarily off the strip. If your looking to practice
then I would recommend you start with a 3 grand launch and get the feel of it. The
key is feathering the clutch so that the weight shifts to your back tire but you
don't want to break the tire free. In a perfect world your front tire is about an
inch off of the ground and your back tire doesn't slip. I used to put a stripe of
shoe polish on my back tire and then have someone videotape my launch. It is alot
easier to see if your spinning your tire. I also deflate my rear tire to around
15-20 lbs of air pressure. You need to set your shocks to their stiffest setting.
That will give you less flex in your bike. The vmax is only quick out of the hole
all the other talk about the max being stoplight to stoplight the quickest is a
bunch of hooey. Todays bikes are frigging quick and fast. The max's strength to
todays standards is only in the first 60 feet. Most stoplights are way longer than
60 feet. :) The thing about the vmax that keeps it so special is the looks/sound
and design of the v4 of the max. I went to the track yesterday and watched a
Hayabusa run 10.4 at 130 at this altitude. It was stock. A vmax up here (5800 feet)
runs around a 12.2 at 112MpH. A ZX-11 runs 11.8 at 125 an r1 runs 11.2's at 127. I
think the vmax is closer to the competition at sea level. So My opinion is a little
jaded with the hi altitude.... You get your 60 ft times in the 1.7's and you are
doing what the max can do the best.  Good luck and make sure there is plenty of
space in front of you.

Take Care Phil

Oh yea, don't look at your tach. It is too far out of your eyesight for it to be
effective. That is why alot of guys mod their bikes with different ones. LISTEN to
your engine it will tell you when to shift.