>   return (function JSIL_ArrayEnumerator() {
>     return state.ctorToCall.apply(this, arguments);
>   });
>
> Bailout in HGraphBuilder: @"JSIL_ArrayEnumerator": bad value context
> for arguments value

Interesting. There is a "small" detail that my slides do not mention:
.apply must be the builtin apply function and expression should be
monomorphic.

Monomorphic example that will be optimized:

function apply() { arguments[0].apply(this, arguments); }

function foo() { }
function bar() { }

apply(foo);
apply(foo);
apply(bar);
apply(bar);
// Both foo and bar have same hidden classes.

Polymorphic example that will not be:

function apply() { arguments[0].apply(this, arguments); }

function foo() { }
function bar() { }

bar.foo = "aaa";  // After this point foo and bar have different hidden classes.

apply(foo);
apply(foo);
apply(bar);
apply(bar);

// now .apply expression inside apply is not monomorphic and compiler
will say "bad value context for arguments value".

Did you patch Function.prototype.apply or add properties to your
functions? This might explain why .apply optimization gets confused.

> Bailout in HGraphBuilder: @"System_Threading_Interlocked_CompareExchange":
> bad value context for arguments value

This one might be tricky. Assumptions V8 makes during compilation are
all based on type-feedback. If argc was never equal to 4 before V8
tried to optimize System_Threading_Interlocked_CompareExchange V8 just
will not know that .apply there is a built-in Function.prototype.apply
so it will bailout. I suggest avoiding .apply on rarely executed
branches in hot functions if possible.

Of course there might be still a possiblity that .apply access is
polymorphic as described above.

> Your explanation on why the no-message deopts occur is helpful

To be precise I was referring to deoptimization that happens on
"deoptimize" instruction you quoted in your first mail.

[please do not hesitate to ask more questions!]

--
Vyacheslav Egorov