Thanks for the trace.
It does look like the GC is working extra hard (very fast marking speed,
old-space GC every ~250ms) because it realizes that it's close to the
memory limit; unfortunately it doesn't find many dead objects (see the
"Mark-sweep" line: memory usage only went from 129.9 to 129.5 MB, similar
for a whole series of mark-sweeps before that). So at this point I'd guess
your testcase simply requires more memory than the device has, and there's
nothing you or V8 can do about that, at least short-term.

This also means that what you suggested to do manually (perform more
frequent major GC to free up space as early as possible) is already
happening automatically. There just doesn't seem to be much that *can* be
freed up.