Hi group,

Is it expected behaviour that vagrant loses all it's associations to
virtualbox guests if the host machine is rebooted without running vagrant
halt/suspend first on the guests first (e.g. due to power loss or a system
update)?

I see this every time a Windows host running Vagrant 2.0.1 and Virtualbox
5.1.30 r118389 reboots for e.g. an unattended windows update (and it's been
happening with every version of vagrant and virtualbox I've used prior to
the current ones).

Is there anything that can be done to get vagrant not to lose track of
guests after such a host reboot? Re-creating and re-provisioning them is
quite tedious (even with the aid of ansible).

Thanks,
Charlie

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/700b6dca-b73a-4cb8-8c4c-fb9853fd7361%40googlegroups.com.