Hi Alvaro

After simulating an unplanned host reboot (i.e. forcibly turning the laptop
off and then on), this is what happens:

1. The machine dirs and files under ".vagrant/machines" (in the directory
where the Vagrant file is) remain as they were
2. Running `vagrant global-status` shows the machines (although I think
this is cached info as the warning message suggests)
3. Running `vagrant status` lists all the machines but their status is
marked as "not created"
4. After running `vagrant status`, all the files in the machine dirs (under
".vagrant/machines/machine_name/vagrant" in the project directory with the
Vagrant file) disappear
5. Running `VBoxManage list vms` no longer shows the machines
6. Despite this, the virtualbox files and vmdks for each machine all still
exist under C:\Users\Charlie\VirtualBox VMs
7. Running `vagrant up` re-creates all the machines and re-provisions them
(effectively duplicating the virtualbox machine files and vmdks that were
already present in C:\Users\Charlie\VirtualBox VMs)

It's not clear to me if the issue is with vagrant losing the associations
after a reboot or with Virtualbox losing track of the VMs after a reboot
and causing vagrant to assume they don't exist. If the latter, I don't
understand why virtualbox doesn't also lose track of other non-vagrant VMs
I have created. They continue to exist and work as normal after a reboot.

Charlie

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/264b82e7-ba18-47c8-965f-95d362b28b55%40googlegroups.com.