Hi Alvaro

The on-disk location of the vmdk files never changed. It just seems that
the VirtualBox Manager GUI sometimes can't see them if `vagrant up` was
issued from an elevated command prompt (which in turn causes vagrant to
lose them after a reboot). If I run the VirtualBox Manager GUI with admin
rights, the vagrant machines show up (and the powered off/running status is
correct). If I run the VirtualBox Manager GUI with normal user privs, the
vagrant machines (created vwith an elevated command prompt) sometimes show
up (but always listed as "powered off") or simply don't appear in the
VirtualBox Manager GUI.

If I issue `vagrant up` from an non-elevated command prompt and run
VirtualBox Manager GUI with normal privs too, everything works as intended.
The vagrant machines are correctly listed in the GUI (with correct powered
off/running status) and they survive an unplanned host reboot.

Charlie

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/27af780b-30de-42bf-bfd2-f2d55b392d31%40googlegroups.com.