If you are using the latest version of Vagrant the Hyper-V provider is
built in. As mentioned if the box you have supports your provider it should
start without prompting, but if you have a box that supports multiple
providers the default is Virtualbox, another possibility is the box that
you tried to grab does NOT support HyperV a a provider, in which case the
odds are good that it does support the default Virtualbox provider.

Depending on how you install Vagrant though, some package providers
_helpfully_ install Virtualbox automatically even though it should be an
optional dependency. Vagrant comes with Virtualbox, HyperV and Docker
support out of the box because these "plugins" are maintained by Hashicorp
so they make sense to be bundled, but there are many other provider plugins
available for libvirt and AWS and parallels and may others, and these are
distributed separately so that they can be updated independently of Vagrant
itself.

The "easy" way to avoid getting Virtualbox boxes when trying to `vagrant
init somebox` is to set the VAGRANT_DEFAULT_PROVIDER environment variable
to your preferred provider at a user or system level so that it always uses
the one you have available.

https://www.vagrantup.com/docs/providers/default.html