Hello Dennis,
Thanks again (Ran into you again!!)
Ok. I think I got this problem under control done. I foolishly did "vagrant
destroy" to clean both projects.
Then I looked into this ".vagrant.d" directory. Most of the sub-folders, in
particularly "data" were empty. What ever remains in other subfolders were
pre-dated to my problems. So, I ignored them.
Then I "vagrant up" the first project (the one I kept all default settings
of Vagrant). It ran.
Then I "vagrant up" the second project. It generated the same error. But
this time, there were new suggestions that I should look at a directory
which I didn't know it exist. It is called "VirtualBox VMs". I poked inside
this folder.
It has, as you mentioned above, images of all my previous VMs for my
projects.
I deleted the image for the project in question. Then I ran "Vagrant Up"
for it.
The second project is up and I am able to ssh into the VM using the new ssh
port forwarding settings.
Thanks.

BTW. Another newbie question.
If I want to purge all the folders created by a particular VM (say, I
corrupted the configurations and need to clean them out) - short of
destroying the VM and rebuilding it again, is there some vagrant commands
(on Host OS) I can use so that I can purge all the temporary cache data in
the relevant directory within the VM in question? If there is, can you
kindly point the URL so that I can read up?