On Wednesday 28 April 2021 at 17:10:37, Norman Robins wrote:

> I have a vagrant VM that just works. I have a need to get it up and running
> in the cloud quickly.

Please define "cloud" - which hosting provider do you need to install this on?
They do vary, and the methods of installing Vagrant varies between providers.

> I have tried to deploy it on bare metal (without vagrant) and ran into
> issues.

It might help if you tell us what these "issues" are.

> Issues that can probably be solved but I am looking for the quickest path.

Quickest path to...?  What, specifically, are you trying to achieve?

> On Wed, Apr 28, 2021 at 7:39 AM dnmo...@gmail.com wrote:
> > A VM is different than a container in many ways, one of which how the
> > virtualized hardware functions, e.g. disk space.
> >
> > In AWS you can use a BARE METAL instance type if you absolutely need a VM
> > inside a machine
> > Apparently in Linode, if you have a BARE METAL machine, you can do VM
> > inside a machine
> > VMWare also has a s similar experience but be sure to enable the VT-x
> > settings
> >
> > I think what you could probably get away with is Docker inside a VM which
> > functions similarly but without ties to hardware -
> > https://www.vagrantup.com/docs/providers/docker/basics
> >

> > On Wednesday, April 28, 2021 at 9:07:21 AM norman....@gmail.com wrote:
> >> I tried using Linode but they do not allow VMs.

This I do not understand.  I have two Linode VMs running MariaDB very nicely.

> >> I know AWS also does not. Do you know of one who does?

I've no idea about VMs on AWS, but you can certainly run Vagrant there.

https://www.vagrantup.com/docs/plugins/providers

Antony.

--
Don't procrastinate - put it off until tomorrow.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.