On Wednesday 28 April 2021 at 18:06:32, Norman Robins wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 28, 2021 at 8:43 AM Antony Stone wrote:
> > On Wednesday 28 April 2021 at 17:38:59, Norman Robins wrote:
> > > On Wed, Apr 28, 2021 at 8:27 AM Antony Stone wrote:
> > >
> > > Cloud == a computer that is not my own, that people with the needed
> > > auth and perms can access. I don't care which CSP I use as long as I
> > > can run my vagrant VM.
> >
> > So, why not just use AWS?
>
> AWS does not support running a VM on an EC2 instance. I was not aware AWS
> offered bare metal that does support VMs, but it seems they do. Will look
> into that.

Sorry, I thought you were trying to run Vagrant.

I have no idea whether you can get a "standard" VM in AWS, but you certainly
can with Linode (which you mentioned earlier).

I think I'm confused as to whether you're trying to install on a VM or trying
to install with Vagrant.

Antony.

--
Ramdisk is not an installation procedure.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.