Andre "Osku" Schmidt wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i'm a hobby coder having a lot of fun with vala and gtk (except
> treeview ;). and i'm now in the process off trying to create something
> useful with vala (more on that later).
>
> i was trying to adapt the GladeSample[0] to use Gtk.Builder (as i didn't
> found any examples of this), after a (long) while i got something that
> didn't give me any compile-time errors... but sadly i lack some general
> info about all this, to understand why the signal handler is not found.
>
> so, would be very helpful if someone could kick me in the right
> direction. attached is a test case how far i got.
>
> cheers
> Andre "Osku" Schmidt
>
> [0] http://live.gnome.org/Vala/GladeSample
>
> ps. my system is ubuntu9.04 64bit, glade3.6.1, valac0.7.2(svn)

I have found the problem:

If you declare a callback method inside a class you have to prefix the
callback method name in Glade with the class name in lower case letters.
So try:

  gtk_builder_sample_on_button1_clicked

instead of

  on_button1_clicked

PS: You don't have to add --Xcc="-Wl,--export-dynamic", since this is
already added by pkg-config for gmodule-2.0 (see
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/gmodule-2.0.pc).

Regards,

Frederik