Ah, ok, I'm sorry for my impulsive response. I may have implied a
thing or two from following parts:

Subject: Removal of Mono
-- What the hell?

"It may be prudent to keep a weather eye open for the removal of mono on
the horizon."
-- As with the subject, this implies you want Mono removed.

"Sure, we don't want Vala spoiling by mono"
-- This, on the other hand, implies you consider Mono as something bad
that would spoil Vala.

"I'm not advocating the vala be able to compile C# code"
-- You're suggesting it. Otherwise you would mention that possibility at all.

Along with that, Vala and C# are different languages with different
principles and different target audiences. People wanting to switch
just for the purpose of not using Mono logically must be either stupid
or mono-haters.

Anyway. With the kind of things those anti-mono guys are writing
lately, I may have switched into an "anti-anti-mono" mode a bit too
early. Sorry about that. Just shows how these people spread hate among
peaceful guys like me. :)

Regarding your original post, there is really nothing to "keep a
weather eye open" related to Mono. You can just look forward to a
stable version and see it mature.