I hardly doubts that using (or leaking) their SDK API would put you
into legal trouble. GLib uses some win32 API (on Windows) already
although it requires a user agreement license to use.

That said, I strongly encourage you to verify if you are allowed to do
this.

Le lundi 11 juillet 2016 à 17:41 +0300, Aleksandr Palamar a écrit :
> Even if that would violate licence from Sony and Microsoft?
> Obviously,
> sharing that code with someone who already has license from them to
> use
> their API is not a problem at all. But sharing that code with those
> who
> don't have such license will put me into trouble with that companies,
> but
> even if people will have those sources - they are useless without
> previous
> agreement with Sony/Microsoft and their SDK. That's the one of the
> moments
> that kind of preventing me to look into Vala more seriously in view
> of
> professional game development. I never know where it will end. The
> thing is
> - I have bunch of old code that I may to do some refactoring - go
> from old
> C code into C++ with bunch of own new and old bicycles or just went
> with
> Vala step by step, maybe even ending with helping community in places
> where
> I may be useful. But even how much I don't like C++ as the language,
> at
> least I know I won't have any license headache later. Vala looks way
> better
> in comparison, but the license of it's core runtime... That was the
> whole
> point of the subject.
> On Jul 11, 2016 5:25 PM, "Jens Georg" <m...@jensge.org> wrote:
>

> > But If I would need to patch GLib to work on PS4 or XBONE? I doubt
> > that
> > > those platforms will allow me to share usage of their internal
> > > API. Can I
> > > keep those patch closed and share them only with people who has
> > > licenses
> > > for PS4 and XONE (you aren't able to put that patch in anyway if
> > > you are
> > > just standard customer and user of the console and not the
> > > developer) so
> > > they would able to use that new code as well, but not with
> > > others, because
> > > that may violate license of console platforms.
> > >

> > No. Because you're patching (L)GPL code you would have to grant
> > access to
> > the modified sources

Guillaume Poirier-Morency <guillaumepoiriermore...@gmail.com>

Étudiant au baccalauréat en Informatique à l'Université de Montréal
Développeur d'application web

Mon blog: https://arteymix.github.io/
Mon projet de coopérative: https://pittoresque.github.io/
Clé PGP: B1AD6EA5